Competitions The Sunny Art Prize 2018
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: June 20, 2018 – The Sunny Art Prize is an international art competition hosted by Sunny Art Centre, London. This fine art award is a global platform, giving an opportunity to emerging and established artists to showcase their talents to a wider audience. We aim to display artistic and cultural diversity to the international art scenes of London, Beijing, Guangzhou and Macau. Sunny Art Award will promote an exchange in creativity between Western and Eastern cultures.
We are looking for a variety of submissions which can range from two-dimensional works such as paintings, drawings and photographs, to three-dimensional sculptures, ceramics and jewellery.
The competition is open to all artists from around the world. Sculpture, Paintings, drawings, original prints, photography, ceramics and jewellery artworks are accepted. All entries must be of original works that have been completed within three years.
Opportunity to exhibit at a prestigious gallery in the heart of London, as well as our partners’ galleries. This includes the Haidian District Art Centre in Beijing, the AIP Art Centre in Guangzhou or the Blanc Art Gallery in Macau.
- Have your artwork exposed to thousands of visitors, professional academics, art collectors and art enthusiasts, including local and international VIP guests.
- Unique gateway through artist residency to expose your artworks in the most prestigious art galleries and top museums in China, such as 798 Art District, Haidian District Beijing Center, Guangzhou AIP Centre.
- Chance to sell your work to international buyers and collectors.
- Showcase your work through The Sunny Art Centre’s website and marketing material.
- Opportunity to win prizes and awards.
- Have your profile raised through the media coverage the art centre generates.
- If selected, you and a guest will be invited to attend the exclusive Private View in London.
- All selected artworks are promoted in the Sunny Art Award 2018 exhibition catalogues.
- We will promote your work using our online platforms such as website, social media etc. in order to enhance the artist’s online presence as well.
EXHIBITIONS & AWARDS
Beside the one-month residency programme, the winners will earn a prize in money as well as the chance to exhibit in a London – based gallery:
- First Prize – The winner will receive £3,000, a public solo exhibition at Sunny Art Centre in London, a one month residency along with a show at our partners galleries.
- Second Prize – The winner will receive £2,000, a group exhibition, a one month residency and a show at our partners galleries.
- Third Prize – The winner will receive £1,000, a group exhibition, a one month residency and a show at our partners galleries.
- 30 Shortlisted Artists’ works will be exhibited during the summer at Sunny Art Centre, London.
The Sunny Art Prize exhibition will run at Sunny Art Centre, London (near the British Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral and the Museum of London). In addition to our in-house exhibition, a series of touring exhibitions will be staged at our partners’ venues across the U.K. and China (including the Haidian District Beijing Center, Guangzhou AIP Gallery, and the Blanc Art Gallery in Macau).
Sunny Art Centre in collaboration with our partners, the FA Education of Art and Design, The Redtory Art & Design Factory and The Contemporary Chinese Ink Academy, have launched a series of new artist-in-residence programmes. It will provide artists, curators, and academics the opportunity to create work while living in both the FA Eduction of Art and Design residency centre and The Redtory Art & Design Factory (Guangzhou, Beijing or Macau). Our aim is to provide a creative space for artists to nurture their projects within a stimulating community, which will encourage their creativity to flow freely.
The exhibitions for the Sunny Art Award happen via a pre-selection process. Digital images of artworks have to be submitted for a first round of judging. A selection is then made by the judging panel of visual arts professional, including art academics, art gallery directors and art critics appointed by the Sunny Art Centre. The entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to Sunny Art Centre for the final round of judging. All entries will be judged on an equal and anonymous basis. See the bio’s of our prestigious jury on our website.
The entry fee for this competition is £25 for one artwork, £32 for two artworks, £40 for three artworks and £45 for four artworks.
Visit us online for complete details and Application.
All work submitted must be available for sale. Sunny Art Centre will take a commission of 30% plus VAT from the sale price.
Sunny Art Centre is a leading art institution located in central London, dedicated to sharing knowledge and enthusiasm for fine art practices.
Our contemporary art gallery is one of London’s leading prestigious art spaces with two floors of stunning exhibition space, as well as large display windows. Prestigious fine art collectors and professional artists in particular have contributed to our collection.
Sunny Art Gallery strives to represent the most unique and innovative artists who aim to push the boundaries of visual art. Our curatorial philosophy is to celebrate cultural diversity by bringing together artists from all over the world. We represent both emerging and established artists working with a wide range of media, including painting, sculpture, ceramics, jewellery, and mixed media. The art gallery frequently hosts free group and solo art exhibitions several times a year, as well as forums and lectures which allow artists and art students to share knowledge and network amongst peers.
Sunny Art Centre
30 Gray’s Inn Rd
London, WC1X 8HR