NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: June 9, 2019 – The St. Louis Artists’ Guild is looking for works in all media, including but not limited to painting, drawing, photography, sculpture, ceramics, mix-media, digital art, video art, and installation art that explores the increasing sense of peril of our planet.
The seemingly out of control human impact on our times has left us with a feeling that life as we know it is endangered. We are interested in how you interpret these themes, ranging from our environmental impact to threats on the planet, civilization, and progress.
Exhibition Opening: Friday, January 11 at 5pm
- Artist must be at least 18 years of age.
- Up to 3 entries may be submitted.
- Artwork must be original (not copied from other art or made from a kit).
- Completed within the last two years.
- Not shown previously in the St. Louis Artists’ Guild’s galleries.
Olivia Lahs-Gonzales is director of the Sheldon Art Galleries in St. Louis where she curates exhibitions, directs educational programs, and fundraises for six gallery spaces devoted to photography, architecture, jazz history, St. Louis artists and collections, and children’s art.
Cash prizes totaling $1000 will be awarded by the juror.
St. Louis Artists Guild members may submit up to three pieces for a non-refundable fee of $24. Non-members may submit up to three pieces for a non-refundable fee of $35.
Visit us for complete Prospectus and online application.
Sales are encouraged. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild retains a 35% commission on all works sold from this exhibition.
- Submission deadline – June 9 at 11:59pm, 2019
- Artist notification – Tuesday, June 18 , 2019
- Artwork Delivery Schedule – Friday, July 19 through July 26 , 2019
- Exhibit opens – Friday, August 9, 2019, 5 to 8pm
- Juror/Awards Presentation – Friday, August 9, 2019, 6:30pm
- Gallery Talk with Juried Artists – Wednesday, August 21, 2019, 7pm
- Exhibit closes – Saturday, September 7, 2019
The St. Louis Artists’ Guild inspires art experiences through extraordinary exhibitions, interactive, art education, outreach to diverse audiences, and by fostering creativity throughout the community. Since 1886, we’ve proudly served our community and members including emerging artists, commercial artists, architects, photographers, artisans, art educators, art lovers, and professional collectors. The St. Louis Artists’ Guild is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit organization that provides a space for regional and national artists to exhibit their work in our 5,000 sq. ft. gallery space centrally located in the greater St. Louis region.
We offer an opportunity for artists to display their work in a professional gallery while achieving our mission in raising awareness of artistic expression through exhibitions, programs, art making classes, gallery talks, and lectures.
St. Louis Artists’ Guild
12 North Jackson Ave.
Clayton, MO 63105