Competitions Painting in the 21st Century
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: July 30, 2018 – This is an open worldwide call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in painting today. On display September 21, 2018 thru October 21, 2018.
Steven Henry Madoff is an art critic, curator, educator, and poet. He served as executive editor of ARTnews magazine from 1987–1994 and is a contributing editor at Modern Painters and ARTnews. He was president and editorial director of a division of the Museum of Modern Art in New York, has lectured on contemporary art and education throughout the world, was senior critic at Yale University’s School of Art… see more
This call for submission is open to all artists worldwide, 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in painting.
The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by, August 6, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by August 12, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Maximum Size: 48” X 60” X 4” D
- All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”.
- Work must be wired or have a cleat attachment and be ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. This information must correspond with the Accepted image as listed on Notification form. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- Work cannot be withdrawn, nor sales shipped, before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Final Submission Deadline: July 30, 2018
Notification Letter Date: August 6, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: September 21 –October 21, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday September 21, 2018 from 6-9PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215