Competitions Contemporary Photography 2008-2018
International Deadline: May 28, 2018 – This is an open call to artists for an exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. This exhibition will reflect the ambitious, innovative and contemporary in photography today. Open to all artists 18 years of age or older. On display May 25, 2018 – June 24, 2018.
Kristen Gaylord is a Beaumont & Nancy Newhall Curatorial Fellow in the Department of Photography at MOMA. She has curated and contributed to a number of exhibitions and publications including: Inbox: Hal Fischer (2018), Stephen Shore (2017), Photography at MoMA: 1840 to 1920 (2017), Arbus Friedlander Winogrand: New Documents 1967 (2017), One and One Is Four: The Bauhaus Photocollages of Josef Albers (2016). Previously she was a research assistant at the De Kooning Foundation, and instructor at the Museum of the City of New York. She received her PhD in Art History from the NYU Institute of Fine Arts.
This call for submission is open to all artists 18 years of age or older. This is a juried exhibition for artists working in photography. All artwork must be priced for sale.
The fee is $35. The fee is for up to three (3) images, plus $10 for each additional image.
Only original works may be submitted. Entries that differ significantly from their digital images may be rejected. The decision of the judges are final.
Notification of acceptance of work will be made via e-mail by June 4, 2018. A return confirmation of participation is required by June 9, 2018 to hold a spot in the exhibition.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCEPTED WORK
- Maximum Size: 48” w X 60” H X 4” D
- All work must be suitably framed to a professional standard. No clip frames, saw-tooth hangers or taped edges. All framed conventional work must use Plexiglas, except hand-delivered work less than 24” x 30”. Canvases may have neat gallery wrapped edges
- Work must be wired and ready for hanging. A label must be affixed to the back of the work that indicates which end is the top and includes the following: Artist Name, Title, Medium, Dimensions, and Price. No artwork may be substituted.
- All artwork must be priced for sale.
- Work cannot be withdrawn nor sales shipped before the end of the exhibit.
All artwork must be priced for sale. Site:Brooklyn will retain a 50% commission on all exhibition sales. The price represented on the artist entry form will be the sale price. No changes will be allowed. Sold works will remain until the end of the exhibition.
Final Submission Deadline: May 28, 2018
Notification Letter Date: June 4, 2018
Gallery Exhibition Dates: July 13 – August 11, 2018
Opening Reception: Friday July 13, 2018 from 6-9PM
Site:Brooklyn is a gallery dedicated to exhibiting the current practice of contemporary artists. The gallery is located in the heart of the Gowanus arts district on 7th Street.
165 7th Street
Brooklyn, New York 11215