Competitions Camera USA® 2019
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: March 4, 2019 – All photographers residing in the United States are invited to submit one photograph taken in the United States after January 1, 2015 for Camera USA® 2019: National Photography Exhibition and Award. Now in its 9th year, Camera USA® is a national competition created by the Naples Art Association to inspire and encourage photographers of all skill levels and from all regions of the United States. The program features three professional jurors, one cash prize of $5,000 and five $100 honorable mention awards.
Camera USA® 2019 will culminate with a brick and mortar exhibition held at the Naples Art Association from June 3 through July 5, 2019.
Camera USA® 2019 is a competition open to photographers of all skill levels and experience. Photographers residing in any of the fifty States in the USA are eligible to enter one photograph taken in the United States after January 1, 2015 and not exhibited in the Naples Art Association’s galleries within the past 12 months. Photographs must remain on display for the entire duration of the Camera USA® 2019 exhibition.
The Naples Art Association is located at 585 Park Street in Naples, Florida in the heart of the 5th Avenue South shopping, dining and entertainment district.
The jurors are: Tracie Davis, Photographer and Art Director for Zola.com; Karen Irvine, Chief Curator and Deputy Director of the Museum of Contemporary Photography at Columbia College Chicago; Carol McCusker, Curator of Photography at the Harn Museum of Art at the University of Florida, Gainesville.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
A maximum of 80 photographs will be included in the Camera USA® 2019 exhibition.
One photographer will be nominated for the National Photography Award. The Award Nominee will be notified by telephone or email on May 14, 2018. In order to qualify for the $5,000 prize, the Award Nominee must pledge to attend the Naples Art Association’s preview reception and awards presentation on May 31, 2019, arrive by no later than 6 pm EDT and accept the prize check in person.
A $28 non-refundable entry fee covers the processing of your entry. There is a limit of one photographic entry per person. The non-refundable entry fee is payable online by credit card during the entry process.
Visit us for complete details and to enter online
Photographs exhibited in Camera USA® 2019 may be available for purchase or listed as NFS (not for sale). The Naples Art Association processes sales and will retain a 30% commission on all artwork sold during the exhibition.
- March 4, 2019, Entry Deadline
- March 22, 2019; Notification Date
- May 6, 2019; Shipped Artwork Deadline (ship to ArtMove, LLC any time after receiving an invitation to exhibit. Your photograph should arrive in Naples before this date.)
- May 10, 2019 from 10 am to 2 pm; Artwork Receiving (or on an earlier day by appointment)
- May 11, 2019 from 12 noon to 2 pm; Artwork Receiving
- May 13, 2019; Camera USA® 2018 Award Nominee Notified
- May 31 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm, Reception and Awards Presentation
- June 3 – July 5, 2019; Exhibition On View with Free Admission
- July 7, 2019, 12 noon to 2 pm; Artwork Pick-up
- July 8, 2019, 10 am to 2 pm; Artwork Pick-up
- Week of July 15, 2019; Photographs with return shipping arrangements made in advance will be return shipped by ARTMove, LLC
The Naples Art Association is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating opportunities that link visual arts creators with those that appreciate it. We are a respected and award winning 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that has served and enriched the Southwest Florida community by championing education, interest, and involvement in the visual arts in Southwest Florida since its inception in 1954.
Naples Art Association
585 Park St.
Naples, Florida 34102