Competitions FRESCO Foundation Nova Prize
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: January 15, 2019 – FRESCO Foundation is proud to be seeking new artistic visions and fresh perspectives in millennial art and culture. We call attention to emerging artistic talents with our ongoing research projects, an exhibition space in SoHo, and our Nova Prize.
The Foundation aims to support millennial artists and any artist with an innovative vision by offering public exposure, exhibition space, scholarly discourse, and the opportunity to connect and work with prestigious academics and curators around the globe. A panel discussion by renowned art historians, curators, and artists will be held at the exhibition opening.
- Group show during the FRESCO Foundation Nova month, during which the 6-8 selected artists will be exhibited.
- Featured page in FRESCO Magazine for each selected artist (both interview and portfolio).
- Panel discussion by renowned international scholars.
- Opportunity to speak at FRESCO Talk or other FRESCO Foundation public programs.
- Invitation to join FRESCO Foundation’s Art Circle membership.
- Ability to develop your own projects with an art licensing agency.
- Opportunity to work and collaborate with other artists and curators.
Open to artists who challenge new perspectives and visions in millennial art and culture. Open to all artists who are 18 years of age or older. All work must be original, completed in the past five years. It is at the Jury’s discretion to choose single or multiple works from each artist’s submission.
In the effort to support new artistic visions and fresh perspectives in millennial art and culture, all types of media are welcomed.
Each artist may submit one application for the non-refundable fee of $35 for up to 3 works. $5 for each additional work, with a limit of 6 images or 6 video links in total. For example, the fee for 4 works is $40, for 6 works is $50. The entry fee does not cover shipping expenses. Credit cards are accepted forms of payment.
ONLINE IMAGE SUBMISSIONS
Submissions are accepted only. Please do not upload digital images that contain borders or text info that is not part of the original work. Applications must be received by Midnight, January 15, 2019 (EST).
- Up to 3 works or video links (on Vimeo, for performance or video art) per entry;
- Image should not exceed 3MB; Please ensure that your photographs are high-resolution (typically at least 800 pixels on the shortest side);
- Image should not contain any frame, mat, or watermark.
- Submissions should be labeled as LastName-FirstName-Title-Year-Media-Dimensions.jpeg. (For example, Van Gogh-Vincent-The Starry Night-1889-oil on canvas-2′ 5″ x 3′ 0″);
- Image should be clear and in focus, this represents your work and it will be displayed/judged the same way it is received;
- Work size: no larger than 33 x 33 (x 33) inches;
- Artist statement of up to 200 words;
- Artist bio of 150 – 200 words.
Applications must be received by Midnight, January 15, 2019 (EST).
All entries will receive an email notification of the jury’s results no later than January 17, 2018. Please check under your spam folder if you do not receive an email.
Submission of an entry to FRESCO Foundation means an agreement on the part of the entrant to all the conditions set forth in this prospectus. FRESCO Foundation reserves the right to reproduce accepted entries for publicity purposes. Accepted work that differs from the digital juried image may be excluded from the exhibition.
Accepted works must arrive ready to install between February 11-15, 2019. Pieces received outside of this time frame may not be exhibited. Work should not exceed 100 lbs and should be able to fit through a standard set of double doors. FRESCO Foundation reserves the right to exclude any work that is not professionally presented. Please note: this does not infer that works have to be framed and under glass, especially larger works. All works must remain on display for the entire exhibition.
Shipped works should be packed in reusable containers. DO NOT use styrofoam peanuts when packing artwork. Artwork should be shipped prepaid via UPS, USPS, DHL or FedEx, and must be accompanied with a prepaid return shipping label. COD deliveries will not be accepted. Artwork may be hand delivered to the exhibition space at 45 Renwick Street during normal operating hours; Monday-Friday 11 am – 4:00 pm. Hand delivered entries may be picked up between March 8 – 10, 2019. Accepted work left for 30 days after the designated return dates will be disposed at the discretion of FRESCO Foundation.
- January 15, 2018 – Submission deadline
- January 31, 2019 – Notification emailed to artists
- February 18 – 20, 2019 – Delivery of accepted artwork
- March 1 – Opening reception 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m.
- March 1 – Panel Discussion: 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- March 4 – Exhibition closes
- March 8 – 10 – Return of Artwork
For any question or inquiry, please sent your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
FRESCO Foundation is devoted to empowering and connecting art to everyone. Our pursuit involves three major areas: the integration of art and technology; the effectiveness and accessibility of art education; and the creation of new engagement models to transform viewers into active participants.
FRESCO Collective supports innovative artistic endeavors in various forms. Partnering with artists, curators, cultural organization, and international enterprises nearby, the Collective emphasizes direct engagement with art communities and promotes emerging talents through our awards, events, and ongoing projects.
FRESCO Collective is a major project supported with FRESCO Foundation, a non-profit based in New York (501(c)(3).
236 W 30th St, Fl 5
New York, NY 10001